Miss Olivia Quirke is the Headteacher and she has been at Thornborough since 2018. She is passionate about Early Years and KS1 learning, as well as being an advocate for small schools.
‘Leading Thornborough is a privilege’. I smile everyday knowing that these children are getting the best start to their learning journey in this fantastic school’.
- Favourite book is … Little Rabbit Foo Foo – Michael Rosen
- Favourite quote is … ‘Why fit in when you were born to stand out’ – Dr Seuss
- Favourite subject in School … English Literature
- Why did you want to work in Education? I looked up to my teachers, and they were a role model to me.
Mrs Amanda Willmot has been at Thornborough since 2010. She has a vast amount of experience and expertise and is an invaluable member of the team.
‘Small, friendly, family environment. We know the children and the children get to know us’
- Favourite book is … Rainbow Fish - Marcus Pfister
- Favourite quote is … ‘If at first you don’t succeed try, try again. Then quit. There’s no point in being a damn fool about it’ - WC Fields
- Favourite subject in School … Cookery
- Why did you want to work in Education? A surprising change in course, led me to work with children.
Mrs Nina Hoskins joined us in 2020. She has 14 years of teaching experience and her love for education is contagious.
‘Fabulous children, wonderful staff, super environment and always fantastic!’
- Favourite book is … Four Square - Lucinda Green
- Favourite quote is … 'Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful' William Morris
- Favourite subject in School … Art
- Why did you want to work in Education? To encourage happy learners.
Miss Anya Thomas has been teaching at Thornborough since 2019, she joined us from Sussex. She is fantastic at IT and enjoys sharing her expertise with children and staff.
‘Working at Thornborough is like coming home. It’s warm, friendly and fun!’
- Favourite book is … The Golden Compass - Phillip Pullman
- Favourite quote is … ‘Every child is an artist’ - Picasso
- Favourite subject in School … Art or English Literature
- Why did you want to work in Education? To encourage children to believe in themselves and their future.
Mrs Barbara Sutherland is the longest serving team member, starting at Thornborough in 2009. Her experience is priceless!
'Thornborough Infant School is an amazing place to work. Everyday I get to do something I love’.
- Favourite book is … The Thursday Murder Club – Richard Osman
- Favourite quote is … ‘See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil’
- Favourite subject in School … Art and Sports
- Why did you want to work in Education? Because I enjoy working with children and love helping them learn.
Mrs Gemma Graves has been at the school since 2020 and has embraced her time here, learning new skills and supporting our children.
‘Working at Thornborough is great! The children are happy, and we are like one big family. Learning is done in a fun way. It is a pleasure to be part of’.
- Favourite book is … Of Mice and Men – John Steinbeck
- Favourite quote is … ‘Life is like a box of chocolates; you never quite know what you’re going to get’.
- Favourite subject in School … Drama
- Why did you want to work in Education? To encourage, to influence to make a difference.
Lunchtime Supervisor and Cleaner
Ms Dorita Goodridge started in 2021, and it is her responsibility to ensure our meals are hot and our school is clean – she does an amazing job!
‘I enjoy coming into work each day to meet the children and staff in such an enjoyable atmosphere’
- Favourite book is … The Secret - Rhonda Byrne
- Favourite quote is … ‘When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up’ I wrote down happy, they told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life’ - John Lennon.
- Favourite subject in School … Drama
- Why did you want to work in Education? To work in a job that’s rewarding and making a difference to someone’s future.