The Government allocate funding directly to primary schools to support the provision of quality PE/Sport.
Schools can choose how they use this funding, for example:
- Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- Support and involve the least active children by running after-school clubs e.g. Change4Life clubs
- Provide additional resources and for training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- Increase pupils’ participation in school games by offering extra sports clubs and competitions
- Run sports activities with other schools
- Providing clubs to encourage children who are gifted or talented in PE
This year we have been allocated £16,208. See above for our planned use of the funding.